The beautiful world of RISK.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction/How it works.

Go down

Introduction/How it works. Empty Introduction/How it works.

Post by Rike Tosh Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:29 pm

So sometime in 2012 I started a game of RISK on my computer where I would roll the dice to make the decisions through a system of rolls and just watch what happens. It's what I do, it relaxes me and is my entertainment. It's my one Autism. But basically all I do is roll the dice and name people/things. The game is currently in around its' 142nd round with the in-game year being 429. I showed a couple buddies and they said they wanted in on it and so I made another addition so other people can join in too if they'd like.

In order to play, you basically just have to state which in-game state you wish to reside in, find that state in the forums here, and post a character name ( Starts at age 16 ), a family name ( Like a surname), a family motto, and a religious and political stance ( N/A is valid ), lastly just name an occupation. You get to add 3 3/1 dice rolls ( explained down below ), or add an additional dice to Economic stats, each year in order to work towards / achieve your ultimate goal - whatever that may be. ( I don't have a Character/roll in-game other than rolling the dice or naming Randomized people and places so I have no bias.)

I dig being RPG about it, though you can literally do whatever the hell you want as long as there is a roll for it, but clearly there are tons of Historic and Geographic errors. I could really care less though, so take ur QQ elsewhere m8. Most importantly, have fun, get involved, and try not to kill everyone off.

Gameplay rules/system/stuff

3 Dice are rolled for three of a kind to delegate an action. ( 3/1 )
2 dice are rolled six times for two of a kind two out of six times, ( 2/6 ) or one out of three times ( 2/3 ), to delegate an action.

In the game of RISK, there are various States, each of which have a population, economy, and Government. States may Colonize, build Ports, go to War, advance Socially, Advance in international Trade, Ally together, create armies, anti-government paramilitaries, Industries, Companies, Villages, Cities, Metropolises, or even be devoured by a neighboring state.

States were first made by splotching a color on the RISK map and rolling a Green Dice and Red Dice together to determine gains or losses of territories. Eventually, a roll was added each year as I systemically went through the Nations of Man to give them each a chance to Govern themselves ( More or less ) and Organize themselves so that they would no longer risk losing all of their territory and going extinct. Once this was done, the G/R Dice were exchanged for Two dice rolled once to determine more land acquired, and a new Settlement. With Government now in order, Population and State economy had to be kept track of so the Two dice rolled together equates that States income that year ( Raw ). One dice would claim new Territory ( One dice point = one territory/Settlement), with each territory adding 10,000 to the Population and 1 E.P. ( Economy Point ). The other dice, determining settlements, as well would add 10,000 to population and 1 E.P. each to the State.

States began to go to war by Rolling a set amount of dice against each other in order to claim their oppositions territories. Each dice point equals 1 Territory and 1 E.P. cost, as well as 1,000 dead volunteer/Drafted soldiers. Wars are ended by rolling Two dice six times per each warring factor ( beginning with whose losing the Conflict ) to determine if that State(A) will surrender or not to (B), or will (A) present its' terms to its' opposition (B) thus putting another 2/6 roll on their opposition (B) to end the war on their (A) terms.

Political Systems are introduced by rolling 3/1 for a new Political system over the State. They are made up mostly depending on geographic regions in the RISK map and have seats within the region weighing on the population of the State/region. When Political systems are active, any roll that lands 3 of a kind must also pass through Government approval by rolling 2/6 ( followed 2/3 if only 1/6th two of a kind is rolled during the original 2/6 ) over each region/Political faction in the state until the action is either passed or ignored.

Economy ( National Budgets ) in the game is going to have more weight to it soon ( Treaty of Valerie ) but works simply as 1 E.P. = $1,000,000.00USD. Apart from Raw income ( Settlements/Population ) E.P.s are gained through the construction of Ports ( 3/1 ) and Industries. Ports cost 25 E.P.s to build but generate profit each year based at 10 E.P.s. Using G/R to determine an annual gain or loss in Port worth and income. If the port drops below 10, a 3/1 roll is added to close the port. If a port is captured by an invading State, it will generate profit for its' occupiers.

An industry is opened automatically once a resource is discovered ( 3/1 ) and generates a base of 100 E.P.s per year. Working much the same way as a port, if it drops below 100 there is a chance ( 3/1 ) that the industry/Company will be shut down. New industries can be made by rolling a 3/1 over it, same as a Company ( Which itself will generate 100 E.P.s each year ) which can be made from Industry. If an Industry is captured by an invading State, it will generate profit for the occupying State.

Trade is accomplished by Rolling 3/1 over each open Industry in a state as well as once for the state itself ( As long as there is an open Industry ). Who the state trades with is determined by rolling 2/1 ( Two dice once for two of a kind ) over another State of trade, if the connection is made Sales/Buys (##/## Both based at 100 E.P.s originally ) are determined by rolling G/R once over each figure. If the Sales figure is greater than the buys, the Trade is healthy and will generate the first figure ( out of ##/## ) each year in E.P.s multiplied by the number of states currently being traded with. If the Buys figure is higher than the Sales figure, the trade is unhealthy and will be multiplied and subtracted from the yearly income. If a trade Sales figure reaches 25 points or greater than its' Buys, the trade is a valuable asset to the state and a 3/1 is added to determine an Agreement/Alliance between the two States. If the Buys figure reaches 25 points or greater than its' Sales, a 3/1 is added to determine if the two states will go to war.
States automatically appoint people to positions of power, ranging from Government, to Trade representatives, Union/Alliance representatives, Ambassadors, Industry/Company managers/owners, Military Commanders, Colonization Governors, etc, etc, etc. As a player, you get to add up to Three rolls ( 3/1 ) each year in order to achieve whatever it is that you'd like to do, whether hunt for a resource, create a military, lead a Nation, lead an Industry, literally whatever you want. You start out in a currently existing state and work your way to the top. Each year a 3/1 is rolled to kill you, so have fun. You get a Family, a motto, whatever your religious/Political views in game are, and you get to do basically whatever you want as long as the Dice allow it.

At the beginning of each year 3 dice are rolled once for each region as to decide if there will be a new Union or Alliance in game out of that region. If a new Union/Alliance is rolled, members are selected by rolling through each State in that region until one is rolled. After this, nearby and 'Friendly' states are also rolled as to join said Alliance/Union.

As an Alliance, each state will elect a Representative and a roll of 3 dice will determine which states' Representative will head the Alliance/Union. Each state will set a certain amount of money to back into the Alliance. Unions work is much the same way by with an additional economics module to dictate how many Industries each state has, which will reflect in the bonus in the Trade between the Unions' member states. 3 Dice are then rolled to dictate any changes within the Name, Goal, Head of Alliance, money put in, Trade bonuses, political actions, the change of representatives or the removal of the Alliance/Union altogether.

I then work my way through the States one by one until the year is complete. First starting with 3/1 rolls to install a new Political System, New Economics Modules, New port ( or to close ), or Colony ( or to close ), or a new Resource. After all of that is said and done, and what needs to be added ( if anything ) is added, I run through the various Economics Modules that the State may or may not have depending on how advanced of a state it is.

Below is a table of the Economics Modules and their rolls and the part they play in game. The Various stats are grouped together in generally groups of 3 or 4 as Economic Modules.

NEW ECONOMICS
1)National Budget : G/R to determine raw change.
2)Military Budget : Increased by a set figure each year.
3)Public Service Budget : Increased by a set figure each year.
4)Welfare Budget : Increased by a set figure each year.
5)Citizen Happiness : G/R to determine raw change.
6)Currency Value :  G/R to determine raw change.
7) Leader Popularity : G/R to determine raw change.
8 ) Leader Political Swing : is a Set figure per Leader
9) Political Swing : Updated per leader.
10) Jobs : G/R to determine raw change.
13) Cost of Living : G/R to determine raw change.
14) Average Income : G/R to determine raw change.
15) Average Life Duration : G/R to determine raw change.
15) Religion G/R to determine raw change.
16) Language G/R to determine raw change.
17) Major Ethnic Groups G/R to determine raw change.
18) Average IQ : G/R to determine raw change.
19) Army Name : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
20) Army Size : One dice rolled to add to enlistment.
21) Army Reach : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
22) Army Strength : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
23) Commander : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
24) Foreign Relations : G/R to determine raw change.
25) Crime Rate : G/R to determine raw change.
26) Government Control : G/R to determine raw change.
27) Citizen Health : G/R to determine raw change.
28) Motto : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
29) Leader : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
30) Anthem :Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
31) Education : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
      31.1) University : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
32) Anti-Nation Name : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
33) Goal : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
34) Size : 2/6 determines figure, 1 determines # dice used, final roll dictates enlistment.
35) Leader : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
36) Strength : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
37) Methods : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change, an extra 3/1 to determine action.
38) Navy Name Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
39) Navy Size ( Ships ) One dice rolled to add to enlistment.
40) Strength Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
41) Commander Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
42) Battle Ships ( +? Dice ) Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
              42.1) Ship Capetian : Set. Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
43) Tax Rate = G/R to determine raw change.
44) Trade Capital : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
45) Trade To/From : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
46) Justice Rate = G/R to determine raw change.
47) Law Enforcement Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
    47.1) Commander : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
    47.2) Size : One dice rolled to add to enlistment.
    47.3) Strength : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
48) Foreign Affairs Rep. : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
49) Economic Rep : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
50) Leaders' Spouse : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
51) Leaders' Children : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
56) H.o.D. : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
57) H.o.T. : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
58) H.o.R. : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.
59) H.o.M. : Rolled 3/1 to determine change.

After they are managed, I roll the dice to determine Population/Settlements ( Also for each Colony a State may have ) and  3/1 to determine if going to War, building a army, navy, or getting a new Anti-State. Then another final set of 3/1 to determine if a new leader, state name, or revolution.

Revolutions are determined by rolling 2 dice until two of a kind are achieved, depending on the state - the table looks like this (ish):

1s = Territorial Revolution.
2s -3s = Political Revolution.
4s-5s = Annexing a State.
6s = Being annexed by a State.

Anti-State and Military conflicts are fought by each military choosing their reach ( see above ) in Opposition territory. 2 Dice are then rolled to decide how many settlements will be fought for in each territory. The military Strengths ( See above ) are then rolled out and compared, the highest roll wins the settlement/(eventually)Territory. If there is a tie between the first rolls, a second roll of one Red Dice and one White Dice are rolled, highest roll determines the Victor - Tie goes to the defender. Navies work in this same fashion Ultimately ( Though a battle between two State Naval Forces has yet to occur ).

The Map itself is, obviously, a composite between the original 4chon RISK Europa map, and the later added world political map. On the European map, each state is given a color and Gray lines represent borders ( Water-Borders as well ). Each state has a four black dot block that represents its' Cultural(Commonly also Political) Capital. Single Black dots are Hamlets/Villages and double black dots represent territorial capital. White dots are Towns. And light grey dots are cities. Four dot blocks represent metropolises with 1,000,000+ population. Ports are represented in Europe by having its' owners State color carved into the Water-Land border of a specific territory. Industries/Resources are represented by dark grey dots. Militaries are neon pink, and navies are neon blue - in the case that the state color is one of those two, they will be subbed out with Neon Green.

In the World Map, Europe is void though kept up to date as far as Political Geography goes. The only difference between these two maps is that in the world map Borders are black, Hamlets/Villages are light grey, and cities are black. In the Americas, Borders are navy blue due to me goofing the map, Ports are drawn white in the water bordering a specific territory. Colony routes are drawn across the map simply as a rough suggestion on the route taken.

When a nation is at war ( Or Colonizing ), the territory it controls belonging to its' opposition will be marked as a close (Though distinct) color of the State color. Certain political territorial claims are also marked as dots on the map.

More information on stuff will be explained as I think of what else needs to be explained, feel free to help out on that by asking any Questions you have. Just don't bitch.

- Rike Tosh 12/10/15

Rike Tosh
Admin

https://worldofrisk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Introduction/How it works. Empty Re: Introduction/How it works.

Post by Rike Tosh Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:41 pm

Introduction/How it works. Risk428_zpsvntrq1kd

Rike Tosh
Admin

https://worldofrisk.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum